Stoney Middleton is located in the heart of the Peak District National Park on the A623 Chesterfield to Stockport Road.
Alternatively you can view Stoney Middleton on Bing Maps (opens in a separate tab).
Stoney Middleton Location
|Postcode for Satellite Navigation||S32 4TN|
|Latitude, Longitude||53.275551, -1.6546911|
|Grid Reference||SK 23124 75452|
|X (Eastings), Y (Northings)||423124, 375452|
Distance & Times from Nearest Cities
** Travel times by bus may vary according to the time of day the journey is undertaken.
Public Transport Links
Stoney Middleton is well served by bus routes from Sheffield, Chesterfield, Bakewell and Buxton.
Check bus times at traveline (opens in a separate tab).
|65||Sheffield – Buxton||Sheffield (centre), Sheffield (Ecclesall), Grindleford, Calver, Stoney Middleton, Eyam, Tideswell, Buxton|
|66||Chesterfield – Buxton||Chesterfield (centre), Chesterfield (Ashgate), Baslow, Calver, Stoney Middleton, Eyam, Tideswell, Buxton|
|275||Sheffield – Bakewell||Sheffield, Bamford, Hathersage, Grindleford, Calver, Stoney Middleton, Hassop, Bakewell|
Grindleford station on the Sheffield – Manchester line is 3 miles North East of Stoney Middleton. Bus route 65 connects Grindleford station with Stoney Middleton (travel time 17 minutes). On foot Stoney Middleton can be reached in 1 hour and 4 minutes.
Check train times at National Rail Enquiries (opens in a separate tab).
|Sheffield [SHF]- Grindleford [GRN]||00:14|
|Manchester Piccadilly [MAN] – Grindleford [GRN]||01:00|
Accommodation in Stoney Middleton
The Moon Inn
High Street, Stoney Middleton, Hope Valley, Derbyshire, S32 4TL
The Moon Inn in the centre of the village is a traditional pub with a great atmosphere. It has recently been refurbished to a very high standard. The pub is now a free house and offers superb accommodation, excellent food and a selection of good ales. There is a beer garden and private parking.
For full details and availability call 01433 630203.
UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT FROM THE 10th DECEMBER 2015
Visit their website for more information on rooms and food (opens in a separate tab.)
Facilities in Stoney Middleton
Car parking is available on the main road (A632) in a large lay-by close to Lovers Leap.
Alternative parking is also available on the Calver side of the village, at the entrance to the playing field.
There are no public toilets in the village but facilities are available at…
- The Moon Inn pub open most days from 12 midday (excluding Mondays).
- Palmers Café at Kingsgate, Calver, S32 3XU open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm. 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive from Stoney Middleton.
- Eyam public toilets at Hawkhill Road, Eyam, S32 5QP. 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive from Stoney Middleton.
The owners of The Moon Inn and Palmers Café are happy for you to use their facilities, but please ask and better still buy something!
Food and Refreshments
- The Moon Inn pub open most days from 12 midday (excluding Mondays) serving tea, coffee, ale as well as a fine selection of food from baguettes and bar food to full lunches and evening meals.Call 01433 630203.
- The Toll House Chip Shop at The Avenue, S32 4TB. Open Wednesday to Saturday 11:45am to 8:00pm. Call 01433 639800.
- Little India at Lovers Leap, The Dale, S32 4TF. Open daily from 6:00pm serving traditional Indian cuisine. Call 01433 630300.
- Palmers Café at Kingsgate, Calver, S32 3XU open daily from 8:30am to 5:00pm serving tea, coffee, cakes as well as breakfast and lunches. 15 minutes walk or 5 minutes drive from Stoney Middleton.
- There is also a pub and tea rooms at Eyam.
- Lovers Leap Garage at The Dale, S32 4TF carries out all types of car repairs. Call 01433 631686.
- Ladies hairdresser at Main Road, S32 4TN. Call 01433 631596.
- L. W. Hancock & Son butchers on High Street (opposite school). Call 01433 630571.
- John Hancock butcher at Main Road, Hope Valley. Call 01433 630400.
- Restored furniture is on display at The Little Wooden Shop on Main Road. Call Natalie 07854 495720.